- This event has passed.
National Press Club — disability leaders’ panel on economics, technology and employment
September 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
- Vinton Cerf, winner of the US National Medal of Technology for founding and developing the Internet.
- Tom Harkin, former US senator and author and chief sponsor of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Dr. Gregg Vanderheiden, professor and director of the Trace R&D Center, University of Maryland, and pioneering advocate for access to technology
- Kim Charlson, global advocate for inclusion, serving as executive director of Perkins Library, a division of Perkins School for the Blind, and president of the American Council of the Blind
- Chet Cooper, leading expert for people with disabilities and founder of ABILITY Magazine, abilityJOBS.com, ABILITY Job Fair and ABILITY Corps
- Rob Wong, assistive technology entrepreneur and CEO of Control Bionics, provider of EMG wearable bionics devices
Breakfast 8am to 10am