For more than 30 years, ABILITY Magazine has been one of the country’s leading resources for awareness building, employment and inclusion of persons with disabilities (PWDs). It has continued to shatter the myths and stereotypes associated with disabilities.
In seeking to alter society’s attitudes about PWDs, ABILITY Magazine launched in 1990 at the dawn of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The publication quickly became an award-winning magazine and was selected by Time-Warner for distribution.
ABILITY Magazine strove to redefine disability into ability. As a strategy for shifting public perception, ABILITY Magazine became a celebrity driven publication. Featured interviews of film and TV celebrities, business leaders, sports figures, Presidents, First Ladies and more helped to attract a broader audience.
By using high profile people's stories about their own involvement with disabilities, ABILITY Magazine brings greater attention to the issues —showing disability is part of the fabric in all our lives. Further, ABILITY provides a positive cross-cultural experience showing the diversity and accomplishments of the global community of PWDs.
ABILITY Magazine continues to cover the latest on health, assistive technology, employment, sports, travel, universal design, mental health and much more. Writers include MDs, PhDs, JDs, best-selling authors, U.S. Senators and advocates.
- ABILITYMagazine.com Page Views: 300K/month
- abilityJOBS.com Page Views: 75K/month
People with Disabilities Family Members Health Professionals Caregivers Hospitals Advocates Celebrities The White House Congress Senate Department of Labor Department of Education Department of Agriculture FCC
- Buyers of disability related products
- Families with disabilities
- Vocational rehab
- Travelers with disabilities
|NILG||AAAED||American Cancer Society||Abilities Expo|
|M-Enabling||Focus On Ability||Amara||UCP|
|HERC||RI World Congress||UN CRPD||Mobility Expo|
|ReelAbilities||Multiple Sclerosis Society||China Press||USBLN|
|Walk MS||Spina Bifida Association||Disability Rights Festival||TASH|
|Hearing Loss Association||Angioma Alliance||Native Hotels||ARC|
Current & Previous Clients
|Bayer||Veterans Administration||Colgate-Palmolive||Robert Half|
|Bank of America||Conagra Brands||Amtrak||Morgan Stanley|
|Verizon Wireless||Royal Dutch Shell||UnitedHealth Group||Comcast-NBC|
ABILITY Magazine keeps a fluid Editorial Calendar to allow flexibility in order to keep up with current affairs. Each issue aims to include: Celebrity Interviews, Health, Disability, D&I, Employment, Assistive Technology, CEO/Company Profile, Travel, Update/Studies, Human Interest Stories, Humor Therapy and more.
- Humor Therapy - Jeff Charlebois is one of ABILITY’s funny guys who is often on a roll as comedian, writer and musician.
- Ashley Fiolek - Motocross Champion and instructor, who happens to be deaf, keeps her fans up-to-date on her love of the motocross lifestyle.
- Long Haul Paul - Paul Pelland, who has Multiple Sclerosis, writes about his life as a biker on a mission of a Million Miles to bring awareness to MS around the US and beyond.
- China - Story swapping from our partners in Beijing.
Special Topic Issues
- February/March - Service
- April/May - International
- June/July - IoT
- October/November - Employment
- December/January - Travel
|Early February||12-Jan||19-Jan||Early February|
Sizes and Specs
Digital Ads in ABILITY Magazine are presented on an interactive rich-media-ready platform with a PDF replica available. Rich media web ads contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries. *Added value web ads are included with digital Full and Half page ads.
Dimensions / Sizes*
- Full Page: 8” x 11" (Spread: 16" x 10.875")
- 2/3 Page: 4 1/2"x 9 7/8" (vertical)
- 1/2 Page: 7" x 4 3/4” (horizontal)
Resolution / Format
- Ads can be PDF, JPG, TIF
- Best resolution 300DPI
Banner Ads are available at the top of ABILITYMagazine.com and abilityJOBS.com pages. Block Ad placements are only available on ABILITYMagazine.com sidebar area.
- Banner : 1000 x 125 px static (new for 2022)
- Sidebar Block Ad: 400 x 300 px static
- Full Page (*Digital bonus): 400 x 540 px
- Half Page (*Digital bonus): 400 x 300 px
- Max File Size Banner 40kb
- All other web ads 50kb max
- File format jpg or png (static)
Products & Services Page
Products and Services Marketing pages are a dynamic marketplace targeting the ABILITY community with expanded web ad capability, marketing copy as well as video promotion. Contact email@example.com with inquiries.
Images / Video
- Logo: 400 x 200px,
- Images: 608 x 400px
- Video: YouTube, Vimeo
- Max File Size Logo 40kb
- Other web images 50kb max
- Images: jpg or png (static)